27th February 2019
Conference Aston, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, B4 7ET
Following the launch of the national strategy ‘Improving People’s Health: Applying behavioural and social sciences to improve population health and wellbeing in England’ the theme of this conference is building successful partnerships to enhance health & wellbeing through the application of behavioural science. The conference offers an opportunity to be inspired by three keynote speakers who exemplify excellence in the fields of behavioural science and public health.
Additionally, the conference will showcase examples of partnerships in action and facilitate discussion regarding best practice in the application of behavioural science to improve health & wellbeing. If you have relevant experiences & learning you would like to share, however big or small, we would love to hear from you.
Keynote speakers confirmed:
- Prof Chris Armitage– University of Manchester & The Behavioural Science Consortium
- Prof Kevin Fenton– Strategic Director Place and Wellbeing, London Borough of Southwark & Senior Advisor, Public Health England
- Prof Susan Michie– Professor of Health Psychology & Director of the Centre for Behaviour Change, UCL
The city centre venue is just a 15 minute walk from Birmingham New Street Station, with connections across the UK. Birmingham International Airport is just a further 10 minute train journey, with excellent national and international connections.
Parking and overnight accommodation are both available onsite (must be pre-booked).
Delegates of the 2018 event enjoyed:
- “Inspirational speakers”
- “Meeting/hearing from people from a wide range of disciplines”
- “Refreshing insight into what is possible”
- “Good networking opportunities”
Discounts apply for BSPHN members & students.
Online registration & further details available at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bsphn-annual-conference-tickets-52252946971?fbclid=IwAR3ypW_KSn2nSfcelgFSnvi8V3ju5YWPQfl7MIQKeTZ_5ekszfvP_QoBx0s