2018 BERA Doctoral Thesis and Masters Dissertation Awards – Now Open
7 August 2017
Every year BERA recognises academic excellence and rigour in research by a Master of Education student. This underscores BERA’s commitment to developing capacity, advancing quality and methodological originality within the field of educational research. We encourage dissertation supervisors to nominate students who best exemplify the following in their work
- Nominators/proposers and the person/s being nominated should be fully paid up members of BERA at the time of nominations.
- The institution at which the student submitted their dissertation should have confirmed the degree awarded by 31st December 2017; i.e this award is awarded to education students who have completed their masters in the previous year (2017).
- A 1,000 word double page spread of their paper to be featured in Research Intelligence.
- A complimentary registration at BERA Conference 2018.
- A BERA Blog
Nominations will be scored by a BERA selection panel. The panel’s judgement will be framed by the following criteria:
- Research quality, including rigour, transparency and validity
- New area of research
- Methodological originality
- Significant conceptual or theoretical contribution to its field
- (Potential) impact for policy-makers, practitioners and other research users
The 2018 competition is now open and will close January 12, 2018.
To apply please click here – You must be a member of BERA and logged in to view this form