BAM Event – Mid-Career Faculty- Moving to the next level, 30 Nov
12 October 2017
We are delighted to announce that the BAM Event – “Mid-Career Faculty – Moving to the next level” is taking place on Thursday 30th November 2017 from 12.30 – 16.30 at Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University.
One of the challenges facing mid-career faculty is developing a career plan in line with aspirations that matter for individuals, while embracing school and university strategic goals.
In this workshop, academic leaders from leading business schools will share their vision as well as the strategies and tactics they deploy to develop mid-career faculty to the next level and beyond. Informed by insights from our speakers, we will support attendees in developing a career plan that speaks to their unique strengths and aspirations, taking account of the context within which they are positioned. There will be a combination of input together with practical activities and a unique and insightful career mapping process, together with mentoring support from senior colleagues.
This promises to be an exciting and innovative event that speaks to a highly topical issue within business schools, especially in planning for the next REF and beyond.
Who Should Attend
Mid-career level academics and faculty members from Business schools e.g. lecturer, senior lecturer, associate prof, research fellow.
- BAM Members – free
- Non-BAM Members – £60
Date: Thursday 30th November 2017
Time: 12.30 – 16.30
Location: Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University, 50 Shakespeare Street, Nottingham, NG1 4FQ
- Professor Greg Bamber (Monash University, Melbourne, Australia)
- Professor Nelarine Cornelius (Associate Dean, Academic Staff Development, Queen Mary University of London)
- Professor David Knights (Lancaster University)
- Professor Andy Lockett (Dean of Warwick Business School)
- Professor Nicholas O’Regan (Associate Dean – Research and Innovation, UWE Bristol Business School),
- Professor Helen Shipton (Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University)
- Professor Baback Yazdani (Dean of Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University)
For specific information about this event please contact:
For general enquiries please contact Michael Fong at the BAM Office on +44(0)2073837770, or at [email protected]
Book now to attend