The Campaign for Social Science is looking for a proactive individual to raise funding from the Campaign’s supporters, recruit new ones and develop relationships. The Campaign was established in 2011 to promote the use of social science in public policy making and in wider society. It relies on funding from a broad supporter base. This takes the form of a mix of annual, one off and recurring donations. Funding is raised for both core activities and specific, project related ones.
The Campaign for Social Science is sponsored by the Academy of Social Sciences. The Campaign is overseen autonomously by its own Board, chaired by Professor James Wilsdon FAcSS. However the legal governance rests with the Academy.
This role is unique within the organisation and has a great deal of autonomy in how it is carried out, day to day. The Supporter Relations Officer sits though within a small, supportive team, overseen by the Office and Membership Manager, to whom this role reports. The role is of crucial importance to the Campaign and as such highly visible and valued.
Organising and carrying out the Campaign’s fundraising activities through:
- Communications with current and prospective supporters
- Major donor meetings
- Supporter recordkeeping in our database (ThankQ CRM)
- Letters and funding proposals
- Invoicing and Gift Aid
- Lead generation research and networking
- Results focused
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written and planning (who needs to know what, when, how)
- Energetic and resilient
- Good attention to detail
- Experience of fundraising and supporter management
- Strong track record of achieving financial targets
- Knowledge of social science, Higher Education, HE funding and budgetary structures
- Experience of using a CRM database
- Working in a small team
Terms and Application
Contract for services: 21-28 hours/week, £17.50/hour (£27,000 pro rata)
Location: Central London, Moorgate (some flexibility)
To apply please forward your CV and covering letter, addressed to Ms Helen Spriggs, Office and Membership Manager, to [email protected] no later than noon, Monday 22nd August 2016.