Elsevier’s Metrics Development Program – Call for submissions
September 21, 2014
Individuals or research groups conducting primary research or developing software tools and algorithms aimed at capturing different levels of scientific evaluation metrics are welcome to submit a proposal.
With the proliferation and increasing availability of primary data, research can be evaluated to a depth and extent previously unknown. This expanding horizon, though exciting, can be challenging to those involved in the process, including evaluators, administrators, researchers and others.
To advance research in this area, Elsevier has launched the Metrics Development Program. This program provides collaborative infrastructure and funding for the development of innovative approaches to scientific metrics and indicators.
Disciplinary, program, institution or individual level indicators could include:
- Bibliometric indicators of research impact
- Emerging research topics indicators
- Indicators of regional or disciplinary scientific strengths
- Patents or technological indicators
- Multidimensional evaluative indicators combining different data types
For more information about submissions and proposals, visit the program website.