ESRC, BBSRC and NERC are currently inviting applications for new members to our respective Audit Committees.
Prospective candidates will preferably have experience in working in a similar capacity in either a higher education environment or the public sector. A strong financial background is preferred.
Applications must be submitted on the template provided (below) and should be submitted directly to [email protected] no later than 12.00 (midday) on 3 May 2016.
ESRC’s Audit Committee advises the ESRC Council and Chief Executive (as ESRC Accounting Officer), on the overall effectiveness of management procedures. It offers advice on items concerning risk, control and governance of the organisation and associated assurances.
The Committee receives and reviews audit reports, and monitors action taken as a result of the reports. It reviews and endorses the ESRC draft Annual Accounts, considers reports from the National Audit Office relating to the examination of ESRC’s accounts and records, and reviews the management responses and action taken in relation to such reports.
The Committee comprises three members of the ESRC Council and independent members recruited through open competition.
The committee is usually attended by representatives of the National Audit Office (NAO), the Research Councils’ Audit and Assurance Services Group (AASG) and the ESRC Finance team.
- Mr Martin Coleman (Chair), Norton Ross LLP (current term ends July 2016)
- Ms Meryl Hayward, English Heritage (current term ends August 2016)
- Mr John Headley, University of East London (current terms ends August 2017)
- Professor David Martin FAcSS, University of Southampton (current term ends July 2016)
- Mr Mark Robson, Bank of England (current term ends August 2017)
- Professor Linda Woodhead FAcSS, Lancaster University (current term ends July 2016)
For further information about the roles, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01793 413137