Job Vacancy: Membership and Database Officer
11 December 2019
Great opportunity for a data and IT friendly graduate with relevant experience to take responsibility for membership administration, member events support and our central database. Competence, motivation, initiative and sense of humour sought.
The Academy of Social Sciences is a small, respected and established professional body representing the social sciences. We are seeking a full time Membership and Database Officer to take responsibility for all aspects of membership administration, to support member-focused events and activities, and to maintain our central database. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking to move up from several years in a Membership Assistant role and/or who wishes to broaden their expertise.
The Membership and Database Officer is a key role in the Academy’s core team of eight staff. Membership subscriptions provide a major source of income. Sustaining strong and efficient member relations, supported by accurate and up to date data, is essential to our operations and impact. You will be working at the heart of a distinguished network of people drawn from social science research, education, policy and practice.
You will be a bright, flexible graduate with good experience in administration – ideally in membership administration – and excellent IT skills including use of databases – ideally use of members/contacts database (CRM). There will be opportunities in this role to innovate and improve how we use our CRM and other relevant systems to engage members more fully and to support the delivery of the Academy’s new strategy from mid 2020.
You will have a can-do attitude, excellent attention to detail, an appreciation of the importance of data, a willingness to work hard and to use initiative, a sense of humour, and enjoy being part of a small team at the heart of the organization. You will have good interpersonal skills.
The Academy of Social Sciences is the national academy of academics, practitioners and learned societies in the social sciences. We exist as a charity to ‘promote social sciences in the UK for public benefit’. We have an elected Fellowship of some 1400 individuals, nominated for their leading expertise and contributions to the wider world of social science, and 45 Member Learned Societies. Our Fellows support our work in a number of different ways.
The Academy is based currently in Finsbury Square, Central London and will be moving to a new premises in central London during 2020. The position full time (5 days per week) and is salaried at £25,000-£27,000 pa according to experience. Working days are eight hours including an hour for lunch, with some flexibility for when the hours are worked during the day. Employees also benefit from a generous holiday allowance and an employer contribution to the pension scheme.
There are five main aspects to the role
Membership Recruitment, including:
- Provide administrative support to the Fellow Nominations process, including receipt of nominations and collation and preparation of the nomination packs for committees
- Research and summarise data on new Fellows, including diversity and gender
Membership Administration, including:
- Active maintenance and updating of member records on the Academy’s CRM database (ThankQ)
- Administer the subscription cycle: from sending out of subscription requests, to logging payments received, preparing monthly reports on payments received and on outstanding subscriptions, regular follow up communications for outstanding payments, and thank you emails
- Raise and issue e-letters and, where required, invoices and receipts for new and existing members (both individuals and learned society members)
- Respond to member subscription enquires and notification of changes in their details and payment preferences
- Oversight of member direct debit instructions and their implementation through Go Cardless
- Liaise with the Finance Officer to support him in reconciling monthly subscription income
CRM Management (ThankQ), including:
- Hold expert knowledge of the CRM database (ThankQ) and its use (training will be provided)
- Ensure member and other contact lists are kept up to date, both directly and as oversight of other contact ‘owners’ in the team
- Keep up to date with new ThankQ developments; work with other team members to implement improvements in the use we make of the CRM to support Academy activities and member communications
Member-related Events support, including:
- Provide administrative support for the Academy’s member-focused events. This includes setting up, monitoring and recording of ticket bookings and income, handling event enquiries, and production of badge labels and guest lists. (Currently there are two flagship events per year for Fellows.)
Other Administrative support:
- Answering, filing and/or forwarding to relevant colleagues general messages and enquiries received via telephone or email
- Assist with booking meeting rooms and meeting guests
- Processing incoming and outgoing post, including support for occasional large mailouts
- Any reasonable additional duties as required by your line manager and the Chief Executive
- A good undergraduate degree (preferably in a social science discipline)
- A minimum of two full years employment in an administrative role
- Experience, competence and confidence in use of Microsoft office suite
- Use of databases (and willingness to get to grips quickly with our CRM database, ThankQ)
- Office administration experience in a busy office, requiring multi-tasking
- Experience specifically in membership administration
- Data management, storage, and confidentiality
- Understanding of the charity sector/ higher education sector and/or membership organisations
Skills and attributes (essential):
- Capable of thinking logically, clearly and independently
- Comfortable working with financial and other numerical data
- Well motivated, self-starter
- Highly organised and with sound time management skills; capable of prioritising and multi-tasking in a busy setting
- Very good attention to detail
- Good spoken and written English: competent email and letter writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sense of humour
- This is a permanent, full time position, subject to successful completion of a 6 months probationary period
- Working hours: a full 5 day week, 8 hours per day including one hour for lunch each day
- Salary: £25,000-£27,000 pa according to skills and experience
- Holiday allowance: 28 days plus English bank holidays and the days between Christmas and New Year
- Location: London EC2A (Nearest tube – Moorgate/Liverpool Street/Old Street)
Note the Academy may be moving within central London in 2020
- 5pm on Monday 20 January 2020
- CV; with
- Cover letter, no more than two sides of A4; please state current salary.
- Please address applications to Dr Rita Gardner, Chief Executive, Academy of Social Sciences
Email applications to: [email protected] with the subject marked as ‘Membership & Database Officer’
Interviews: for shortlisted candidates will be held on Tuesday 28 January 2020