LONGITUDE PRIZE – SOCIAL SCIENCE INPUT NEEDED
May 29, 2014
The Government has launched the 2014 Longitude Prize for solutions to a major modern-day problem. Although couched in physical science and engineering terms, of course these problems also require help from the social science community.
Visit http://www.gov.uk/government/news/longitude-prize-2014-solving-one-of-the-greatest-issues-of-our-time and http://www.longitudeprize.org/ for more information. Voting for which of the six challenges should be the subject of the prize closes on 25th June.
The 6 chosen challenges are:
- Flight: how can we fly without damaging the environment?
- Food: how can we ensure everyone has nutritious, sustainable food?
- Antibiotics: how can we prevent the rise of resistance to antibiotics?
- Paralysis: how can we restore movement to those with paralysis?
- Water: how can we ensure everyone can have access to safe and clean water?
- Dementia: how can we help people with dementia to live independently for longer?