RSA Workshop – Illicit actors, regional governance and development
25 January 2016
We are pleased to announce the second one day workshop in the Regional Studies Association Research Network ‘Illicit actors, regional governance and development’ which will take place in Central London at the British Academy on Wednesday March 23rd 2016. The outline programme is given below. This is a free event and a light lunch will be provided to attendees.
If you are interested in attending, please email Tim Hall.
The workshop will begin at 10:00 and conclude by 16:30.
- Michael Woodiwiss (University of the West of England): ‘Illicit actors, regional governance and development – The experience and impact of the United States’
- Svetlana Stephenson (London Metropolitan University): ‘Territorial structures of violence in Russia’.
- Phil Boland (Queens University Belfast): ‘Geographical and planning perspectives on illegal drugs: setting out a new research and policy agenda’
- Laure Leibler (EHESS, Paris): ‘Territorial control of urban places by illegal armed groups: a challenge for urban governance in Medellin, Colombia’
- Craig Martin (University of Edinburgh): ‘Vehicles of Illicit Potential’.
Some travel and accommodation bursaries to the event are available to the following categories of RSA members:
– any student member of RSA
– any early career member of RSA
– any associate (retired) member of RSA
– any member working in a Band B, C or D country
Please contact Tim Hall for details.