Civil Service Commissioners:
- chair recruitment competitions for the most senior-level appointments in the Civil Service;
- adjudicate on complaints investigations (about recruitment and about ethical standards);
- set standards for recruitment into the Civil Service.
The Commissioners form the Board of the Civil Service Commission and bring a range of experience of the private, public and voluntary sectors. They bring an independent perspective to ensure a high performing Civil Service is well placed to meet the current and future challenges.
Further information about the Commission’s work can be found at http://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk
We are looking to build a diverse Board, with members whose experience is drawn from a range of backgrounds. The successful candidates will have:
- experience of selecting individuals at senior level in the private, public or voluntary sectors;
- excellent judgement and the ability to assimilate a range of evidence and perspectives;
- good communication skills;
- the ability to demonstrate authority and command trust and confidence at all levels;
- the ability to work well within a diverse team of influential people;
- an understanding of the importance of effective leadership to the success of an organisation.
For more information about the role and how to apply, visit the Centre for Public Appointments website