Ofqual is the independent qualifications regulator for England. Its primary responsibilities are to maintain standards in regulated qualifications and assessments.
The Centre for Public Appointments are seeking to appoint an outstanding Chair who can bring strong leadership and focus to Ofqual, working with the Board, Ministers and the Chief Regulator to provide clear strategic direction.
The Chair of Ofqual is appointed by the Secretary of State for Education and has responsibility for:
- Leading the Board in developing a strategy for discharging its statutory duties
- Promoting the efficient and effective use of staff and other resources
- Being an effective representative of Ofqual and its Board both internally and externally
- Encouraging high standards of propriety
- Ensuring that Board Members are aware of their duties, rights and responsibilities and that a code of practice for Board Members is in place
- Providing for the induction, training, objectives and performance assessment of individual Board Members and succession planning for the Board as a whole to ensure the Board has the right skills for the work it is asked to do
- Acting as a point of contact between Ofqual, ministers and Parliament
- Working continuously to improve the performance of the Board
Closing date: Friday 23 September
For further information on the role and to apply, please visit their website.