The Secretary of State is seeking to appoint a Non Executive Chair of Public Health England, the expert national public health agency which fulfils his power to promote the health and wellbeing of the nation. It does this through world class science, knowledge and intelligence, advocacy, partnerships and the delivery of specialist public services.
Applicants will have experience of managing change in large organisations or complex systems, with strong board leadership skills and the political confidence to work effectively at the highest levels to protect and improve the health and wellbeing of the nation.
- An outstanding career track record with the ability to chair the Advisory Board of a public body, that operates nationally and internationally.
- A portfolio of corporate governance and organisational skills including strategic planning, financial and risk management, and organisational change, together with a sound understanding of national decision making processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and political judgement, able to develop excellent working relationships across organisational boundaries to achieve shared goals and develop a healthy organisational culture and values.
- A skilled public communicator with the ability to handle potentially high-profile and sensitive issues.
- A credible commitment to protecting and improving the health of the nation.
More information about the role and how to apply is available on the Centre for Public Appointments website