Vacancy: CSS Journal Social Media Editor
21 April 2021
Contemporary Social Science, the journal of the Academy of Social Science, is looking for a Social Media Editor with the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of development including an open access issue each year. It is a new and significant role and one that is both creative and dynamic. Please see Contemporary Social Science for more information and details of the journal’s aims and scope.
The role of the Social Media Editor (SME) is to operate social media accounts on behalf of the journal, driving traffic to journal content and engaging with readers and followers about the journal, trends in the field and publishing tips and queries. The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting journal content and, in the name of the journal, engaging with discussions relevant to social science. The SME will work closely with the journal’s current Editorial team to identify suitable content for promotion via the journal’s Twitter account (@cssjournal1) and will also be expected to work independently to engage in discussions relevant to the journal’s audience and to increase its following and Social Media presence. This may include expanding into other platforms in the fullness of time. The SME will liaise with the Academy’s Communications Manager who is responsible for Academy social media and communications with Fellows and members. S/he will be appointed by the Academy and will undertake to maintain the high standing and reputation of both the journal and the Academy at all times.
Amongst other tasks, the SME will be expected to:
- Use social media to communicate with the societies linked with the Academy, with other societies, conferences, social media profiles, blogs and key figures in academia and in practice, and keep apprised of their updates, engaging with them where appropriate to build up relationships for the journal;
- Share links to the latest issue or articles that have been published in the journal, or any of Routledge’s online marketing campaigns that involve the journal;
- Encourage the submission of high-quality articles from expert researchers in the field;
- Be the social media ambassador for the journal; build, nurture, and grow a community around it;
- Increase awareness of the articles or special issues published in the journal in all relevant communities and amongst colleagues.
Becoming part of the editorial team of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research in a sector you are knowledgeable and are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Any enquiries, please contact the journal’s Portfolio Manager, Tom Murden ([email protected]).
If you would like to apply for the position of Social Media Editor please forward your CV, a covering letter detailing why you are a suitable candidate and a vision statement to Tom Murden ([email protected]).
Your vision statement should be no longer than one page and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would begin to develop the journal’s Social Media presence
- How you would maintain and foster relationships with key audiences via Social Media output.
- What you perceive as the main risks and how you would manage them
The salary for this position is £1,000 per annum. The deadline for applications is the 31 May 2021.